Author Topic: I love my fellow IT students!  (Read 4723 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
I love my fellow IT students!
« on: January 18, 2012, 07:23:01 pm »
Ah, so I'm going into computer programming (probably the only student in in school going into that emphasis, I think).  Now, there are a lot of great fun nerdy things we can discuss inside and outside of class, yes?  Nerds are naturally going to discuss nerdy topics.

Well, we also have a group for the IT students, and as I was taking a closer look at some of the stuff posted, I noticed a poll asking people what their favorite [general] version of Linux was.  Seeing as how I'm creating this thread while running Ubuntu 10.04, I couldn't help but think "I love you guys."  I mean, granted, there were only 4 votes by 3 people because one guy liked both Ubuntu and Puppy Linux; that doesn't stop me from just enjoying the crap out of it.  I also can't blame the lack of votes too much.  The poll was created on September 21st and I just now discovered it and voted (I voted for Ubuntu, because I'm most familiar with it, and have even tried Lubuntu and Xubuntu in the past).  I also know that there are at least a few students who have a version of Linux, as one of the students showed me his Mint Linux the other day, and has a few other flavors saved on various flash drives.

So yeah.  I just wanted to gush about them for a little bit.  I hope you guys enjoyed reading that.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.