Author Topic: Andrew Auernheimer convicted, free weev!  (Read 1092 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Andrew Auernheimer convicted, free weev!
« on: November 26, 2012, 11:21:19 am »
Andrew Auernheimer, 27, was convicted by a Newark, New Jersey, jury of one count of conspiracy to access the servers without permission, as well as one count of identity theft, said U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman.

Actual pic of Andrew Auernheimer.

The defendant faces a maximum five years in prison and $250,000 fine on each count. A co-defendant, Daniel Spitler, pleaded guilty to the same charges in June 2011 and is awaiting sentencing.
Prosecutors said Auernheimer and Spitler were affiliated with Goatse Security, a group of Internet "trolls" that tries to disrupt online content and services.

Actual logo:

It is ironic that a member of Goatse Security will probably be (NWS)goatsed(NWS) in prison by big gay Bubba and/or Ben Dover.

For those who did not know, Goatse Security was a troll famous hacking group. They disclosed a few lulzy vulnerabilities such as the Firefox and Safari XPS attacks.

The conviction in question pertains to how an AT&T server was “hacked”, and by “hacked” I mean publicly available data. All Goatse had to do was provide: an ICC-ID (many of which were posted online by Apple users) and a user agent header from an Ipad to AT&T’s server. The server then responded with an email address if the ICC-ID was valid. They wrote a PHP script to literally brute force possible ICC-IDs until a list of 114,000 confirmed addresses was compiled. AT&T and other third parties were notified and given a copy of the script.

Normally anyone with an ounce of competence would have made a policy to blacklist an IP address based upon a large number of failed login attempts or even based upon traffic. But competent is not a word I would use to describe AT&T.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 06:29:17 am by Distind »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Distind

Re: Andrew Auernheimer convicted, free weev!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 06:30:08 am »
Uh, hell no on the goatse link. I've removed it, don't do it again.