Author Topic: Roleplay: Eymber and Keiro, along with others eventually I'm sure.  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Eymber

• Neonate
Storytelling.  Beginning with the opening logs from the chat, edited for easier reading.

"DUCK!" Darius says, as he swings a right-hook towards his friend's awestruck face. Keiro did, just in time for Darius's knuckles to impact the goon behind him. The man's nose crunched under the pressure, sending a spray of blood across the pavememt as he hit the ground. Darius surveyed the alleyway, a spew of bodies littered the area between the dumpster and the back entrance to Sparks, The little hole in the wall pub they liked to call their own. He glanced over at his partner in crime, who still seemed a bit shaken from the fist flying towards his face. "You ok, bro?" he asked as he clapped his hand on Keiro's back

As Keiro came back up, he smiled slightly. Shaken, he was. He had sensed the goon behind him, but was, at least at that moment, no longer busy taking out the other good that Darius had ignored. The goon in question fell back, flailing as blood spilled out from the sternum-to-hips knife wound he'd inflicted. "Yeah, I'm good to go. You?" He too surveyed the chaos they'd created. "Chaos... and order has been restored." He murmured quietly.

Darius slowly nodded, then he started to laugh lightly. "You should'a seen your face when I told you to duck!" his laughter escalated as he patted his friend on the back and then turned away, counting the bodies on the ground. Nine. Nine men dead.."They were just being insulting now, sending only nine men.." he muttered as he reached into the hip pocket of his jeans, pulling out a sleek black Android. As he started to press in a contact, he heard a painful moan come from his feet. Looking down, he saw the eyes of the man bleeding out staring up at him. "Please.. Don't kill me..." the man whispered desperately. Darius rolled his eyes, and without hesitation sarcatically replied '..What? You gonna tell me who sent you? Promise me that you're gonna work my side now?" he canceled the phone call, slipping the gadget back into his back pocket. He then lowered himself to one knee, leaning over as to listen to the dying man's plea..but inturruped before he could start ".. I don't think so.. " his voice was cold and ruthless. The man started to panic, tears rolled down his cheeks as he attempted to get up but couldn't due to the gaping knife slice across his torso. Darius's hands moved to the man's head, and grasping it firmly, he twisted quickly, ending the mans life. "NOW there's nine... Shouldn't have taken the job..." He rose, back to 6'1, and dusted his hands off on the knees of his jeans, then proceeded to pull his phone back out, and make the call. "Hello. We need a pickup..." the call was over as fast as it started. He flashed a smile at Keiro, and gave him a happy-go-lucky thumbs up. "We're good to go, mess'll be gone in ten. Now let's get the fuck out of here."

Keiro nodded in agreement, stepping around carefully, his trench coat swishing slightly. There was evidence of blood on his coat, but it wasn't his own. Normally, it wouldn't have been bloodied, but this time around, he was playing a normal person. Well, inasmuch as normal as he could be with Darius. Not that it mattered. He grinned at Darius, "Where to, then?" His movements were controlled, but showed a slight tremor, as if he was trying to suppress his body's reactions to the fight. "Shame we didn't get any information from them..." But he shook his head and took out a pack of cigarettes, smacked it against his palm a few times before looking at Darius questioningly, gesturing to the cigs he carried. Meanwhile, his mind kept constant watch on their surroundings, his internal radar pinging quietly in the back of his mind with the location of every person he could sense for at least five blocks around, but filtering most of that out to at most one or two blocks. "ETA is 45 seconds." He was referring to their ride.

"45 seconds! WHAT THE FUCK!" Darius took off like lightening. "COME ON!" he hollered back. Running like hell, making sure that his companion was still behind him, they made it at least three blocks away before he slowed. "That wasn't the ride, that was the CLEANER. It's a good think you have your brain radar, 'cause if we still woulda been there when they showed up, we'd be toast.." he said between breaths. Even though he was fit, a dead sprint after a fight like that could be grueling. "Sorry I didn't make that more clear... but they seriously said ten minutes.. not TWO." he leaned against a brick wall, allowing his head to relax against it as well. "..still wanna offer me that smoke? 'Cause i'd take it about now."

Keiro blinked then followed just as quickly, laughter echoing, making it look like as if it was just a running competition between them. In a way, it was, but it was mostly for convenient evidence covering-up. Once they'd sufficiently gotten far enough away to not be associated with the alley, he quietly offered a cig to Darius as the answer to the question, commenting quietly, "Indeed. Then again, they know us..." He shrugged, as if it wasn't important that they knew. It was and wasn't, mostly for their protection. "Probably wanted to get in and out quickly... this area's not known for being nice, after all." That was a no-brainer, really, given what they were doing. Then he chose a cigarette for himself and lit up, drawing a deep breath of it and releasing it, after a few moments of contemplation, in a slow sigh that spoke of the tension that was melting away thanks to the cigs. "What do you make of that, though?"

Offline Eymber

• Neonate
Re: Roleplay: Eymber and Keiro, along with others eventually I'm sure.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:19:02 am »
Darius played along and laughed, his deep voice echoing across what seemed to be empty roadways. Keiro was right in doing so.. you can never be too careful.  With  smile on his face, he snatches the pack of smokes from his buddy's hand, in a brotherly manner and selects one for himself, popping it into his mouth and setting it ablaze. He chose his response carefully, not wanting to feed paranoia, but unable to ignore the whispers in the back of his head completely. "There's no telling who hired them, but I do know this much. Those will not be the last we see, and if we don't want to be repeating tonight for the next God-only-Knows-How-Long, we need to fukkin figure it out." He then took a deep drag of the cigarette, allowing the smoke to fill his lungs. "And the list of people that could have sent them is extensive." He finished, little trails of smoke following each word out of his mouth and into the air like tiny clouds.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 05:31:16 am »
Is this one of those stories in which we all just add to it willy-nilly?

Offline Eymber

• Neonate
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 09:32:28 pm »
If you're interested, please send me a private message with your opening post, so we can discuss the possibility of bringing you into the story.