Author Topic: NYPD asks for photos of interactions with police, gets predictably trolled  (Read 2405 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/new-york-police-face-backlash-for-mynypd-photo-campaign-1.2618978

Yep, the NYPD asked people to post photos of them interacting with police using the #myNYPD tag on Twitter. Cue people posting photos of police beating the shit out of protesters.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23myNYPD&src=hash
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Crowdsourcing PR?  That's just dumb.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Crowdsourcing PR?  That's just dumb.
Not really. IF it works it is because people already like your organisation and there is a huge difference between "We are cool, please like us" and "I am a customer/whatever and I like this organisation."

In this case it didn't work because NYPD doesn't seem to get much love.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
Like what was stated in the article linked by dpareja, they're getting "dialogue" from the public after getting what they ask for.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
The NYPD has acquired an infamously brutal reputation. This natural consequence is something they need to see.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
The NYPD has acquired an infamously brutal reputation. This natural consequence is something they need to see.
Kind of like how the LAPD used to be, I guess.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Trolling level: Maximum

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
TYT has an interesting take on this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41qVmAbOwi8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41qVmAbOwi8</a>
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
The NYPD, like Ted Cruz, are apparently not self-aware & delusional. WHAT DID THEY EXPECT TO SEE AS RESPONSES?!

TED CRUZ: "Tell me how crappy Obamacare is...oh crap..."

THE NYPD: "Tell us how awesome we are...oh crap..."

In Cruz's case, you have a guy who's doing everything he can to destroy a program that's doing well & helping many. He wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't awesome. He asks folks what they think & gets answers affirming the awesomesauce....has the nerve to be surprised.

With NYC's Not-So-Finest, they should know by now that folk's think they're bullies & psychos (and psycho-bullies). There's news reports and protests. They should have known how We The People would respond.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
Maybe this is the wake-up call the NYPD needs.  After all, if the LAPD can change, maybe they can too.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Maybe this is the wake-up call the NYPD needs.  After all, if the LAPD can change, maybe they can too.

I hope so.

Really, cops, your crime-fighting would be so much easier if the populace saw you as heroes, noble protectors & friends....people they can trust & speak to during investigations. You need to work with the people.

They also need to weed out the brutes during police academy or whatever they do when joining law enforcement.

The whole macho-monster-guy routine is deranged.