Author Topic: Audit of IRS actions limited to Tea Party groups at GOP request  (Read 1831 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Fuck me gently with a chainsaw:

The Treasury inspector general (IG) whose report helped drive the IRS targeting controversy says it limited its examination to conservative groups because of a request from House Republicans.
A spokesman for Russell George, Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, said they were asked by House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) “to narrowly focus on Tea Party organizations.”  The inspector general’s audit found that groups seeking tax-exempt status with “Tea Party” and “patriots” in their name did receive extra attention from the IRS, with some facing years of delay and inappropriate questions from the agency.
But top congressional Democrats have wielded new information from the IRS this week that liberal groups were also flagged for extra attention on the sorts of “be on the lookout” lists (BOLOs) that also tripped up conservative groups.
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domestic-taxes/307813-irs-ig-says-audit-limited-to-tea-party-groups

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Audit of IRS actions limited to Tea Party groups at GOP request
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 09:38:22 pm »
....what.

Ironbite-no seriously...what?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:59:36 pm »
Rep. Issa used his committee chairmanship influence to set up a scandal framework mechanism using the IRS, to discredit Democrats/Obama administration, and also knew it went after competitors within his own party? Plus, hassled leftish groups, nu?

Glad that his Snidely Whiplash-style dick move is coming around to bite him in the face, now.

(edit to add picture of smug bastard)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:12:02 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:01:39 pm »
I'm just amazed at this ploy and how badly it's gonna backfire on the Republicans soon.

Ironbite-the Tea Party will eat them alive for this.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 10:35:42 pm »
Oh, WOW.  Definitely not a smart move on his part.  I hope this bites him in the ass HARD.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 12:11:03 am »
Except that none of the Rebublican voters will hear this on the news. And the GOP will forever be thankful to Issa for helping create this scandal which will continue to hurt the Democrats.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 12:49:28 am »
please John Oliver cover this

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 12:58:04 am »
please John Oliver cover this
That would still not bring it to the attention of Rebublican voters. We need Colbert on the case.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 01:07:00 am »
Yeah, but they don't watch Colbert, either. It needs to become such a huge story that FOX News has no choice but to cover it.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 01:14:14 am »
Yeah, but they don't watch Colbert, either. It needs to become such a huge story that FOX News has no choice but to cover it.
Actually Colbert report has a sizeable conservative fan-base who believe that he is a conservative and merely exaggerates his beliefs for the sake of comedy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/27/colbert-study-conservativ_n_191899.html

Some point out that he uses some real right wing talking points, even if they are a bit over the top for the moderates and sometimes it's just Poe's law in effect.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 01:36:47 am »
So, basically, we've got ourselves a good ole fashioned political civil war? With all sides armed like fucking maniacs? ~gets popcorn~
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 11:10:24 am »
I'm gonna LOVE seeing what Colbert & Stewart make of THIS!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 12:35:47 pm »
that was back in 2011 and by now they should know he's fucking with them please?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 08:27:34 pm »
So Daryl Issa tried to act like a cunning supervillain, but failed utterly. What else is new?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer