Author Topic: My predictions of the future  (Read 12738 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: My predictions of the future
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2018, 08:45:18 am »
By saying that an omnipotent, creator of the universe and all it contains can only do evil incidentally and can't create it intentionally.

Might as well be a Rachni drone awaiting orders from the queen!

I never said that he can’t create evil intentionally, he just doesn’t do that because he’s omnibenevolent.
The guy who drowned entire civilizations in a fit of pique? If ya say so!

The bible acknowledges his alleged behavior by acknowledging that he's capable of evil, you reduce him to an unthinking automaton with no choice other than to be benevolent.

In any case it isn't keeping with the way the fictional character of God is described. Petty, inconsistent, tyrannical, cruel and vain.

That's entirely consistent with a character who can create evil and completely out of character for an omnibenevolent being. You're a fiction author who pens fantasies about wizards and magic too, you should know this stuff!

I never said that he has no choice other than to be benevolent, I am saying that he chooses to be benevolent. His actions in the Bible are for just reasons. He flooded the Middle East because it was full of Nephillim.
That's right junior, you're being drowned because your neighbour is a dirty giant and won't stop being big.

If he can choose to be benevolent he can choose to be the opposite in any case, as the bible clearly states he does-choose to be an utter cock as is borne out in almost every bible story.

Insomuch as a confused pile of iron-age fables clearly states anything.

The Nephillim needed to be destroyed because they wicked. This is from the Douay-Rheims bible site.  [2] The sons of God seeing the daughters of men, that they were fair, took to themselves wives of all which they chose. ... [3] And God said: My spirit shall not remain in man for ever, because he is flesh, and his days shall be a hundred and twenty years. ... [4] Now giants were upon the earth in those days. For after the sons of God went in to the daughters of men, and they brought forth children, these are the mighty men of old, men of renown. ... [5] And God seeing that the wickedness of men was great on the earth, and that all the thought of their heart was bent upon evil at all times,

[2] "The sons of God": The descendants of Seth and Enos are here called sons of God from their religion and piety: whereas the ungodly race of Cain, who by their carnal affections lay grovelling upon the earth, are called the children of men. The unhappy consequence of the former marrying with the latter, ought to be a warning to Christians to be very circumspect in their marriages; and not to suffer themselves to be determined in their choice by their carnal passion, to the prejudice of virtue or religion.

[3] "His days shall be": The meaning is, that man's days, which before the flood were usually 900 years, should now be reduced to 120 years. Or rather, that God would allow men this term of 120 years, for their repentance and conversion, before he would send the deluge.

[4] "Giants": It is likely the generality of men before the flood were of a gigantic stature in comparison with what men now are. But these here spoken of are called giants, as being not only tall in stature, but violent and savage in their dispositions, and mere monsters of cruelty and lust.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2018, 01:47:24 pm »
So, if God is all-powerful and such, why not just send a few very precisely targeted lightning bolts at these people? Or give them all heart attacks or aneurysms?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2018, 02:22:33 pm »
Because free will or something.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2018, 04:00:52 pm »
So, if God is all-powerful and such, why not just send a few very precisely targeted lightning bolts at these people? Or give them all heart attacks or aneurysms?

I guess he thought a flood in that region in the Middle East would be a cool way to get rid of the Nephillim. There were no innocent casualties, because Noah and his family were the only righteous people in the region.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2018, 08:23:31 am »

I guess he thought a flood in that region in the Middle East would be a cool way to get rid of the Nephillim. There were no innocent casualties, because Noah and his family were the only righteous people in the region.
So tell me how all those babies and tots who gurgled their last were unrighteous my lil' "pro life" Catholic, including the unborn ones.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2018, 10:48:25 am »

So tell me how all those babies and tots who gurgled their last were unrighteous my lil' "pro life" Catholic, including the unborn ones.

Well, if God just killed their parents, they would have died anyway without parents to take care of them. So there were unfortunate innocent casualties.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2018, 04:57:30 pm »
Couldn't your supposedly-omnipotent god have just teleported them onto the Ark so that Noah and his family could raise them as adopted children, solving the issue of massive inbreeding that would necessarily happen in a population regrowing from only eight members?
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2018, 05:12:34 pm »

Well, if God just killed their parents, they would have died anyway without parents to take care of them. So there were unfortunate innocent casualties.
You don't get the "collateral damage" out, not with an omnipotent, omniscient deity. A deity who can so specifically alchemically alter matter with laserlike precision like he did to Lot's wife while he was smiting the rest of a city. Not while you can summon bears, lions, angels and fiery serpents to be your personal hitmen. Not like he did to Ezekiel's wife for literally no reason at all.

The same deity we are told can produce loaves, fishes and mana from heaven to feed said tots and send his goons angels on daycare instead of smiting duty . He doesn't get to throw his bloodied hands up and say "collateral damage dudes, there was a terrorist giant in the vicinity!"

On a side note I have to commend you at being very talented at being a very effective anti-missionary. You've come to a place where religion would struggle to find fertile ground anyway and you've poisoned any potential in that ground with your rank hypocrisy, cowering authoritarianism and laughably ridiculous "proofs." It's like you heard some fundies grumble, inaccurately I might add, that this entire site is a hotbed of aggressive atheists and nothing else and thought "make it so."

Most of us have worked out that you're pulling our leg in one fashion or another, if your end goal is to scour this site of any remaining sympathy for religion...damn son, you're putting the work in to further that goal, it's gotta be said.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:21:38 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2018, 05:29:26 pm »

You don't get the "collateral damage" out, not with an omnipotent, omniscient deity. A deity who can so specifically alchemically alter matter with laserlike precision like he did to Lot's wife while he was smiting the rest of a city. Not while you can summon bears, lions, angels and fiery serpents to be your personal hitmen. Not like he did to Ezekiel's wife for literally no reason at all.

The same deity we are told can produce loaves, fishes and mana from heaven to feed said tots and send his goons angels on daycare instead of smiting duty . He doesn't get to throw his bloodied hands up and say "collateral damage dudes, there was a terrorist giant in the vicinity!"

I did more research, and found out early Christian writers believed that believed that the "sons of God" in Genesis 6:1–4 were fallen angels who engaged in unnatural union with human women, resulting in the begetting of the Nephilim. Therefore the Nephilim babies would have been born evil because they would have demonic ancestry, so they needed to be killed in the flood.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2018, 05:47:27 pm »
Okay, one, the notion that ancestry alone makes one evil and worthy of destruction is utterly abhorrent.

Two, what about all the purely human babies? Were the nephilim genes so prevalent in humanity at the time that only Noah, his sons, and their wives were free of it? And if so, what about said wives' relatives? How did said wives avoid the nephilim genes while all their relations had it? Or were they also pure human but just (completely avoidable for an omnipotent deity) collateral damage?

Other flood myths at least have a handful of other righteous people surviving the flood on high mountaintops.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2018, 06:27:18 pm »
Okay, one, the notion that ancestry alone makes one evil and worthy of destruction is utterly abhorrent.

Two, what about all the purely human babies? Were the nephilim genes so prevalent in humanity at the time that only Noah, his sons, and their wives were free of it? And if so, what about said wives' relatives? How did said wives avoid the nephilim genes while all their relations had it? Or were they also pure human but just (completely avoidable for an omnipotent deity) collateral damage?

Other flood myths at least have a handful of other righteous people surviving the flood on high mountaintops.

1. But it is impossible for Nephillim to not be evil, because of the demonic power inside of them since they were born.

2. Yes Noah, his sons, and their wives were the only ones were the only ones in that region that were free of the Nephillim genes. Their ancestors were decendants of Adam’s son Seth and they avoided reproducing with Nephillim who were descended from Cain.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2018, 06:41:04 pm »
Citation SORELY FUCKING NEEDED.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2018, 06:42:03 pm »
1. Nephilim were among those killed, not all those killed.

2. The bible writers didn't know what genes were and your assertion that they boinked so far and wide as to make everyone bar Noah's clan part nephi comes not from the bible but your choirboy posterior.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2018, 09:01:06 pm »
1. Nephilim were among those killed, not all those killed.

2. The bible writers didn't know what genes were and your assertion that they boinked so far and wide as to make everyone bar Noah's clan part nephi comes not from the bible but your choirboy posterior.

All the people killed in the flood were Nephilim.  If there were other regular humans in the region, God would have had them go on Noah’s Arc.

They didn’t understand genetics but they did know that reproducing with Nephilim would produce Nephilim children.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2018, 09:33:30 pm »
Your ass must be so sore after having all this stuff pulled out of it.