Author Topic: Skills and talents  (Read 10431 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Skills and talents
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 02:52:33 pm »
My main knowledge is psychology stuff.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 05:28:10 pm »
Also, I can write and I have a question, what about those here on the board that are spiritual, pagan, New Age etc? Can there be articles talking about their faiths/spiritual paths? I'm asking this as I am a Muslim and would like to write some articles about Islam both positive and negative.
I'm told I'm a good writer, but I'm not sure what topics I would write about. I mostly do fiction, and most of my knowledge has to do with Paganism and the paranormal (which few on this board believe in, so I don't know if any articles I wrote on those subjects would be welcome here or not).

Articles from the point of view of the more religious/spiritual members would be a bonus, I think. Whatever quality standards are implemented, "Article must agree with my views on the subject" will not be one of them.

Σא

QueenofHearts

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 08:05:23 pm »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 08:13:35 pm »
I'm a writer, and I'm pretty good at running my mouth, so I could feasibly emcee...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 09:21:53 pm »
I'm an okay writer at least when it comes to fiction and I'm a decent speaker and mediocor singer.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2013, 09:47:55 pm »
Writer (majored in Literature Studies and Writing) with a working knowledge of most major world religions coming from a queer Aboriginal background. Will be focusing on my Professional and Corporate Writing minor next year, so would be interested in taking on editing experience then. :)
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Art Vandelay

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 01:17:32 am »
I intend to try my hand at writing, once I get a decent idea for an article. Aside from that, I can help with the busywork (proofreading, fact checking, offering criticism, all that good schiese).

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 02:01:27 pm »
I'm a good writer and I can proofread, help with format and style and such. I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute, because my schedule's about to change in 2 weeks and I won't know how much free time I'll have until a week or two in. But I'd like to help if I can.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 04:40:47 pm »
I'm fairly good at writing: fiction, non-fiction, opinions, reviews, and code.  I could help with an entertainment blog/section, should we decide to implement one.  I dunno much about web programming, but I can at least lend some debugging assistance, if nothin else.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.