Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387141 times)

Even Then

Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #405 on: January 18, 2017, 10:47:36 am »
Social justice extremism: reclaiming an insult used towards people for being highly socially leftist as a positive term. Verily she wants to instate a leftist tyranny where cishets are put to the sword. And surely "shaming critics" is the only reason anyone could have for reclaiming an insultive term, which is why people who self-identify as "queer" are doing it just to oppress the heteros. /s

Seriously though, your premise of "people who want to reclaim SJW are the real reason SJW is so misused" is easily rejectable because 1) you base it on one (1) person allegedly reclaiming "social justice warrior" to "make the critics look bad" 2) you don't even give a proper source of this heinous act of cisheterophobic propaganda. I googled "Laurie Penny SJW" and only got sources like Ralph Retort and Roosh V's website, which 1) are biased to the extreme 2) I will not be dignifying with traffic.

But this isn't about that, my mistake. This is about how calling supporters of racists being president racist people, because they do actively racist things, apparently became an unreasonable thing to say at some point? Because something something Trump did marginally better with latinos than some other cockhole?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #406 on: January 18, 2017, 02:24:28 pm »
Social justice extremism: reclaiming an insult used towards people for being highly socially leftist as a positive term. Verily she wants to instate a leftist tyranny where cishets are put to the sword. And surely "shaming critics" is the only reason anyone could have for reclaiming an insultive term, which is why people who self-identify as "queer" are doing it just to oppress the heteros. /s

I said it was a possibility, not that it was fact.

Seriously though, your premise of "people who want to reclaim SJW are the real reason SJW is so misused" is easily rejectable because 1) you base it on one (1) person allegedly reclaiming "social justice warrior" to "make the critics look bad" 2) you don't even give a proper source of this heinous act of cisheterophobic propaganda. I googled "Laurie Penny SJW" and only got sources like Ralph Retort and Roosh V's website, which 1) are biased to the extreme 2) I will not be dignifying with traffic.

I can link you to numerous people who unironically call themselves "social justice warriors". Not to mention websites actively trying to redefine the term.

While it's true that people do abuse the term "SJW", I have yet to be convinced that it's been abused nearly as badly as is frequently claimed. I'm a very empirical person, so I generally don't trust such claims unless I have hard evidence. Most of the arguments being used to make those claims are opinion-based or reliant on anecdotal evidence. Besides, all this debate about whether it's still a valid term is distracting from the problems SJWs cause.

But this isn't about that, my mistake. This is about how calling supporters of racists being president racist people, because they do actively racist things, apparently became an unreasonable thing to say at some point? Because something something Trump did marginally better with latinos than some other cockhole?

Okay, I think we're getting too heated. Could we maybe chill? And while we're at it, let's try to stop talking past one another.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #407 on: January 18, 2017, 02:32:56 pm »
I'm a very empirical person, so I generally don't trust such claims unless I have hard evidence.

Remember that time I posted statistics and you were all "well, white people and fee fees." Yeah, I don't even need to call up Maury to tell that this quote is a lie.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #408 on: January 18, 2017, 03:34:26 pm »
I'm a very empirical person, so I generally don't trust such claims unless I have hard evidence.

Remember that time I posted statistics and you were all "well, white people and fee fees." Yeah, I don't even need to call up Maury to tell that this quote is a lie.

There's a difference between backing up your arguments with statistics, and using said statistics to make blanket statements when they paint a more nuanced picture. Yes, I was wrong to assume you were assigning collective guilt, but I've grown to dislike blanket statements in general thanks to some... emotionally affecting experiences. If you'd said that a majority of white men voted for Trump, I wouldn't have cared less.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #409 on: January 18, 2017, 03:42:05 pm »
So Trump has been down in Mar-A-Largo and is calling it "Winter White House".  Apparently he doesn't understand why the White House is where the President lives 24/7 and why he doesn't spend time in other places.  So Trump Tower is gonna be "White House Summer" and we have this bullshit.....how soon does he quit I wonder?

Ironbite-bookies are giving it 6 months before he's impeached.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #410 on: January 18, 2017, 03:59:30 pm »
So long as Pence goes with him.  Trump will be bad, but Pence is demonstrably worse.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #411 on: January 18, 2017, 04:11:46 pm »
Oh FFS of course some people unironically call themselves Social Justice Warrior, because it's unique among insults in that it combines three awesome things into an awesome-voltron. Combining the sheer over the top-ness with bitter fuck-you snark is what makes the insult work. Reclaiming it is simply boomeranging that snark in the other direction. That doesn't make Lurie Penny responsible for the terms popularity. It was a popular diss that she was reacting to, not the other way around.

Also, in my country we call Pauline Hanson's voters responsible for racism because even if you are the one token Asian that she apeared in the photo op with you'd have to be Blind Freddy not to know she's racist as fuck. Trump is like Hanson on crack and anybody alive on the planet not locked in a cell in supermax or in a coma since maybe the 1980s knows this!

But Lana I digress, because we all have in this very thread. Can we maybe start a new one to discuss this semantic argument about the origins of SJW-ness and cultural Marxism? Because here, now un this thread it's just an annoying derail.

Can we get back to Donald fucking Trump please?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:13:35 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #412 on: January 18, 2017, 04:21:21 pm »
Oh FFS of course some people unironically call themselves Social Justice Warrior, because it's unique among insults in that it combines three awesome things into an awesome-voltron. Combining the sheer over the top-ness with bitter fuck-you snark is what makes the insult work. Reclaiming it is simply boomeranging that snark in the other direction. That doesn't make Lurie Penny responsible for the terms popularity. It was a popular diss that she was reacting to, not the other way around.

Also, in my country we call Pauline Hanson's voters responsible for racism because even if you are the one token Asian that she apeared in the photo op with you'd have to be Blind Freddy not to know she's racist as fuck. Trump is like Hanson on crack and anybody alive on the planet not locked in a cell in supermax or in a coma since maybe the 1980s knows this!

But Lana I digress, because we all have in this very thread. Can we maybe start a new one to discuss this semantic argument about the origins of SJW-ness and cultural Marxism? Because here, now un this thread it's just an annoying derail.

Can we get back to Donald fucking Trump please?

Yes, let's.

So long as Pence goes with him.  Trump will be bad, but Pence is demonstrably worse.

Maybe that's why Trump chose him, as "insurance". IIRC, he originally wanted Chris "shut that bridge down" Christie as his Veep.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #413 on: January 18, 2017, 05:01:53 pm »
The difference between Trump and Pence is that while Pence is horrible, he at least would have some respect for the traditions and conventions of government. Trump doesn't.

I think it was Queen who mentioned that she doesn't trust that Trump would hand over power peacefully if he loses in 2020 or once he can't run again in 2024. Pence, I think, would.

(Of course, that raises the question of whether Trump would go peaceably if he were impeached.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #414 on: January 18, 2017, 05:07:33 pm »
The difference between Trump and Pence is that while Pence is horrible, he at least would have some respect for the traditions and conventions of government. Trump doesn't.

I think it was Queen who mentioned that she doesn't trust that Trump would hand over power peacefully if he loses in 2020 or once he can't run again in 2024. Pence, I think, would.

(Of course, that raises the question of whether Trump would go peaceably if he were impeached.)
For Trump it's all about his ego, an impeachment-or for that matter an electoral loss is something he would perceive as an attack on his character and therefore his ego.

We all know already he wouldn't have accepted this elections outcome unless he had won, we also know he answers each and every attack on his character with petty rage. That's your answer.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #415 on: January 18, 2017, 05:35:02 pm »

For Trump it's all about his ego, an impeachment-or for that matter an electoral loss is something he would perceive as an attack on his character and therefore his ego.

We all know already he wouldn't have accepted this elections outcome unless he had won, we also know he answers each and every attack on his character with petty rage. That's your answer.

Rubio said Trump had small hands, but I'd say his thin skin is the bigger problem. There is no way in hell he could handle the routine criticism that comes with being a head of state.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #416 on: January 18, 2017, 06:37:43 pm »
True as much as I hate Pence and his views scare me, he at least has a level head on his shoulder and could probably run the country and peacefully transition power when his term is up.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #417 on: January 18, 2017, 09:13:32 pm »
Australia's own nativist dills, One Nation, have been pestering the Australian embassy for tickets. They then crowed that they had been invited while the Prime Minister had not, the embassy clarified that it had told that the tickets were there if they wanted them-presumably because they couldn't scalp them. They then took to twitter claiming that Buzzfeeds verbatim quoting of One Nation's Senator Robert's bragging of exclusive invitations was "fake news".

Learning at the feet of the master.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #418 on: January 19, 2017, 02:00:31 am »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/17/the-director-of-the-cia-just-went-off-on-donald-trump-it-was-a-long-time-coming/?utm_term=.001b704bfdce

Oh dear, looks like some dirty commie spy is going to shoot Trump from the book depository. Sad. I am sure that the private security firm that he is going to use to replace the Secret service (not a joke, he really has made such claims) are going to be devastated.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #419 on: January 19, 2017, 07:58:30 am »
Oh yes Donald's about to go to war with the CIA and it won't be pretty.

Ironbite-despite everyone calling them a joke they're far from powerless.