Author Topic: Another important thing  (Read 2733 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Another important thing
« on: July 02, 2018, 09:26:42 pm »
I realized that by today’s standards, having people hung, drawn, and quartered is cruel and unusual and also gross. I get squeamish thinking about it. So because of that, I am revising my custom national anthem of England. Since the Lancasterian branch of the royal family was based on Salic law which barred women from the throne, making it go to the decendants of John of Gaunt instead of Lionel Duke of Clarence when King Edward III declared that women can’t inherit the throne, the national anthem will be called God save the King.

God save our gracious King!

Long live our noble King!

God save the King!

Send him victorious,

Happy and glorious,

Long to rule over us,

God save the King.

O Lord our God arise,

Scatter his enemies

And make them fall;

Help them get defeated,

Have them executed,

On Thee our hopes we fix,

God save us all!

Thy choicest gifts in store,

On him be pleased to pour;

Long may he rule:

May he defend our laws,

And ever give us cause,

To sing with heart and voice,

God save the King!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:29:18 pm by Jacob Harrison »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Another important thing
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 09:59:56 pm »
Fuck off you misogynistic ass.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 01:11:31 am »
As I said before, it's a little too needy to be good national anthem material.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 01:19:35 am »
lol you just made it worse

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 01:36:21 am »
Now instead of being the anthem of Gilead its the anthem of the peoples republic of help me daddy it hurts!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 05:22:17 am »

How am I misogynist? I am just following the law of succession that King Edward III decreed in 1376 that caused the Lancasterian branch of the House of Plantagenet to have the throne until the Wars of the Roses and the law of succession that makes Henry Somerset the 12th Duke of Beaufort the legitimate heir to the throne of England following the patrilineal line of descendants of John Beaufort.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 05:23:28 am »
lol you just made it worse

But now it is less brutal. I understand now how by todays standards, the punishment of being hung, drawn, and quartered is cruel and unusual and disgusting.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 10:06:53 am »

How am I misogynist? I am just following the law of succession that King Edward III decreed in 1376 that caused the Lancasterian branch of the House of Plantagenet to have the throne until the Wars of the Roses and the law of succession that makes Henry Somerset the 12th Duke of Beaufort the legitimate heir to the throne of England following the patrilineal line of descendants of John Beaufort.

Which is misogynistic, and you are misogynistic for wanting to follow it.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 11:18:19 am »

I just believe in legitimate authority and following the laws of succession passed by the legitimate authority. It just angers me that the government of England since 1461 has been illegitimate.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 12:08:08 pm »

I just believe in legitimate authority and following the laws of succession passed by the legitimate authority. It just angers me that the government of England since 1461 has been illegitimate.

The legitimate authority (the only legitimate governmental authority) is the popular will, and that will has been expressed with regards to succession to the throne of the Commonwealth realms: absolute primogeniture regardless of sex.

Anything else is illegitimate.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 01:37:47 pm »
The legitimate authority (the only legitimate governmental authority) is the popular will, and that will has been expressed with regards to succession to the throne of the Commonwealth realms: absolute primogeniture regardless of sex.

I believe the technical term is absolute cognatic primogeniture. As a Crusader Kings 2 player, I'm something of an expert on feudal law.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 09:06:23 pm »

I believe the technical term is absolute cognatic primogeniture. As a Crusader Kings 2 player, I'm something of an expert on feudal law.

Nope.

It was cognatic (ie male-preference) primogeniture until a few years ago, but in 2015 the succession law was changed to absolute primogeniture.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 11:00:24 pm »

Nope.

It was cognatic (ie male-preference) primogeniture until a few years ago, but in 2015 the succession law was changed to absolute primogeniture.

Absolute cognatic means gender is no object. You're thinking of either agnatic-cognatic (females can inherit if there are no male heirs of the same lineage) or absolute agnatic (females can never inherit).

Source.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 12:01:35 am »
At least Jacob's threads teach me something when everyone else gets together to go off-topic and post something actually educational.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 12:37:31 am »

Nope.

Absolute cognatic means gender is no object. You're thinking of either agnatic-cognatic (females can inherit if there are no male heirs of the same lineage) or absolute agnatic (females can never inherit).

Source.

I stand corrected.