Author Topic: I'm new and I have 0 idea what to do  (Read 7975 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: I'm new and I have 0 idea what to do
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 09:26:18 pm »
Depends on what ya mean by "hot chips."  Do you mean something along the lines of Flamin' Hot Cheetos?  Also, the World Market where I live sells ghost pepper sauce.  I've been tempted to get a small bottle of it for some time.  Now that I have money...  >.>

I mean hot chips. Americans call them French Fries. The French pommes frites. The belgians - ah who gives a fuck what the belgians call them. We call the hot chips.

Do you like them better or worse than crackers?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 09:33:44 pm »
Also, there appears to be something hotter than ghost peppers (avg. 1.041 million SHU): Carolina Reapers, which clock in at around 1.5 million SHU.  For reference, habaneros top out at around 350,000, and jalapenos top out at around 20,000.  Almost 100x hotter than a jalapeno.  My friends, I think I have found a new comrade.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline VainRobot

• Apprentice
  • The Poster Formerly Known as Mira
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 09:34:29 pm »
Do what I did and inadvertently provoke the owner into shutting down the forums. Or just fuck around instead.

Ha <3

JAZZY

Offline VainRobot

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 09:36:03 pm »
I can get you some potato chips covered in ghost peppers.

Are they hot chips though or crisps? And do Americans actually eat that? Aren't they the hottest chilli's on the scoville scale or index thingy?

Finally will they come with gravy and cheese curds like poutine?

My girlfriend's dad keeps ghost pepper chili powder in their pantry. I sprinkled a few flakes on a piece of pizza and it was the hottest pizza I've ever eaten.

Given that I come from Fake Canada, yeah, poutine is very doable.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 09:38:05 pm »
Depends on what ya mean by "hot chips."  Do you mean something along the lines of Flamin' Hot Cheetos?  Also, the World Market where I live sells ghost pepper sauce.  I've been tempted to get a small bottle of it for some time.  Now that I have money...  >.>

I mean hot chips. Americans call them French Fries. The French pommes frites. The belgians - ah who gives a fuck what the belgians call them. We call the hot chips.

Do you like them better or worse than crackers?

Did I ask for crackers? You fucking cracker. Besides their called biscuits and it really depends on what sort of cheese you have. If you have Brie/truffled pecorino then water cracker biscuits. But if you have curd, weird american sauce cheese then hot chips.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2015, 09:38:46 pm »

Are they hot chips though or crisps? And do Americans actually eat that? Aren't they the hottest chilli's on the scoville scale or index thingy?

My girlfriend's dad keeps ghost pepper chili powder in their pantry. I sprinkled a few flakes on a piece of pizza and it was the hottest pizza I've ever eaten.

That sounds delicious.  I am not being facetious.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 09:39:37 pm »

Love some poutine then, but easy on the ghost pepper powder thanks.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 09:42:36 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Just be yourself. That's what I did, and it's worked for me.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 09:47:19 pm »
Do what I did and inadvertently provoke the owner into shutting down the forums. Or just fuck around instead.

Ha <3

JAZZY

Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 09:47:31 pm »
Also, there appears to be something hotter than ghost peppers (avg. 1.041 million SHU): Carolina Reapers, which clock in at around 1.5 million SHU.  For reference, habaneros top out at around 350,000, and jalapenos top out at around 20,000.  Almost 100x hotter than a jalapeno.  My friends, I think I have found a new comrade.
Supposedly, the Chocolate Bhutlah is even hotter than the Carolina Reaper, though it has yet to be made official. Might want to keep an eye on that, if hot food is your thing.

Offline VainRobot

• Apprentice
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 09:52:04 pm »

That sounds delicious.  I am not being facetious.

Eh, I feel like the ghost chilis didn't add much flavor. Just seemed like all spice and no substance.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2015, 10:19:38 pm »
I think we scared the newbie off with this talk of hot peppers.

Ironbite-for the record, my parents grow their own habeneros

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2015, 10:13:41 am »
Supposedly, the Chocolate Bhutlah is even hotter than the Carolina Reaper, though it has yet to be made official. Might want to keep an eye on that, if hot food is your thing.

And I have to say I'm really proud of the way the United States has not weaponized those peepers.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2015, 01:56:41 pm »
this is a forum about having no idea what you're doing. welcome.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline VainRobot

• Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2015, 02:18:47 pm »

And I have to say I'm really proud of the way the United States has not weaponized those peepers.

Just you wait.